Helping you to overcome gastrointestinal symptoms through tailored advise including the low FODMAP diet. The exact cause of IBS is unknown, but most experts think that it’s related to increased sensitivity of the gut and problems digesting food. Dietary and lifestyle modification have been show to significantly assist coping with this prevalent condition.
At My Diet Professionals we understand the complexities and discomfort our clients have been through prior to being diagnosed with IBS. Endless tests, invasive procedure and gut wrenching conversations are often part of the process when being diagnosed with IBS. Alongside this, blogs and magazines which appear to be talking out to you lead to multiple food exclusion which lead to no avail. Does this sound like your story? Tired of being led astray and when finally when being diagnosed being told your dietitian session will be in a group or in 3 months time? My health Professionals aim to see all clients within 1 week of receiving a completed GP referral. Our trained professionals have experience in delivering the renowned IBS solution “ The Low FODMAP Diet” in a clear and instructive way, which has shown to relieve symptoms for good in 75% of patients suffering from IBS.
FODMAPS, which stands for Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides and Polyols. These naturally occurring components exist in different measure in different foods and have been studied to cause functional gut disorders, which can manifest themselves in symptoms of wind, bloating, pain, urgency, diarrhoea and constipation. Related to the symptoms and our lifestyle is the psychological strain of dealing with IBS, which often can spiral into further symptoms. Our dietitians are trained to understand individual symptoms and lifestyles to inspire the necessary symptom management, with the ultimate goal eliminating symptoms, for you to follow a nutritious balance diet and for you to continue enjoying your chosen pathway.
Read about what the Low FodMap diet? Been told to follow a low fodmap diet by your GP, with a print out and little explanation? Many of our patients at my health professionals have tried to follow the diet, again, to no avail. The low fodmap diet has been designed to be delivered by specialist trained practitioners to avoid unnecessary restrictions and maintain optimum nutritional health. Our dietitians will tailor the necessary steps required for you to, first following a FODMAP restricted diet, then systematically reintroduce asymptomatic foods.
Contact My Diet professionals to tailor a package to your needs. On average most patients will require 4 consultations to ensure a successful treatment. Like all of our services, this will be at a time and place to best suit your needs.
What you can expect our 4 sessions:
- Prior to starting, a 3-7 day food and symptom diary and health questionnaire are completed by you. This is analysed by us to assess your full nutritional status and health before your appointment.
- A 1 hour consultations to discuss your intake and to eradicate any evident likely cues for your symptoms
- A follow up consultation to screen for adjustments to your intake and symptoms. If no improvements have been achieved then the Low FODMAP diet will be initiated, guided by official Low Fodmap diet literature.
- A Further follow up 8 weeks later to assess for symptom resolution and establish a reintroduction diet
- A final review to ensure symptom resolution satisfaction and to ensure the diet now being followed is in line with healthy eating standards.
- Liaison and consulting letters to your GP and Consultant are inclusive.
- Further email and telephone support packages available as required (additional fees may apply).
Price for this detailed nutritional IBS package: £500